9 January 2023

High water


There was a time, admittedly about twenty years ago, when I used to seek out high tides 
 and so kept a close eye on the tide tables. These days high tides like this are a surprise to me, as they are to most people trying to move around the area.

This is the footbridge that connected Douglas Footpath with the the tow path and it is sitting just above the water level.
 

As I have said before, the problem with the bridge is that it gets you over one flood only to confront another.

This is the path towards Ham House and while the water level is falling, you can see it streaming across the path, it was still to high for me in my normal street shoes.

  

The other way, towards Richmond was even worse.

I know when I am beaten so I headed back the way that came and took another direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.