14 October 2023

Sudbrook Lane / The Russell School


Once upon a time this bus stop was called "Sandpits Road" and now it has been renamed to "Sudbrook Lane / the Russell School". (The school and the sign have a capital "T" in "The" but the TfL website has a lower case "t", which is just sloppy).

I must admit that I do not understand the thinking behind this; Sandpits Road was inline with the naming of many bus stops, the new name is far too long and I suspect that not many children go to The Russell School by bus from the north.

Of course there is a bus stop closer to The Russell but that is called "Petersham / Fox & Duck". I like that this name includes the area, "Petersham" as this is useful information, I have been asked on buses "where are we?" many times. 

The obvious solution was to rename "Sandpits Road" to "Petersham / Sandpits Road".

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.