16 September 2023

Strong barriers


Every time I walk this passageway, that takes a shortcut past Tommy Steele Corner, I am bemused by the size and number of the barriers.

First there are three hefty posts, which should be more than enough to stop any motorised vehicle given that the narrowness of the road at that point means approaching at an angle. Behind them are three sets of very sturdy barriers placed to make pedestrians zig-zag awkwardly.

I can only assume that it has something to do with protecting the privacy of the aforementioned Tommy Steele. There are no such barriers at the other end of the path but that has a much narrower entrance and such measures may have been deemed unnecessary.

As always, I welcome enlightenment in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.