20 July 2023

Why Ham Parade needs to change


I do not keep a count of how often I go to Ham Parade but a conservative estimate is well over 1,000 times a year (over 3 times a day) so what happens there matters to me. I strongly support the proposal to remove the slip road on the east side and this is one reason why. 

The consultation documented some of the problems for pedestrians on that side but it understated just how bad things are. This is a fairly typical view with two vehicles parked on the double yellow line that is there to give space to pedestrians using the crossing.

On this occasion I saw a woman protest to the driver of EY20 ZPB that this is not a parking space only to have abuse shouted at her. According to too many motorists, pedestrians have no rights and the only way we can fix that is by physically taking spaces away from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.