20 March 2023

Pavement repairs


I do not recall this stretch of pavement being particularly bad but somebody did and now it is being replaced. This is the section that runs along Ashburnham Road from Willow Bank.

Two incidental points here. 

I still find it odd that Ashburnham bends in a right-angle at the church and, given this distinct change of direction and the different characters of each part, I think it would have been better if this had been named as two roads. Secondly, 

I do like the landscaping in Wates Estate but the pavements frustrate me as the paths like these diverge from the roads and so take a longer route and there is no pavement next to the roads to use instead. It would be better if (when?) we had some serious traffic reduction measures in place so we could walk down the road too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.