8 December 2022

Pointless pavement repairs


Richmond Council has found some strange places to repair pavement but Ham Close is the one that confuses me the most.

Normally I would just comment on the lack of footfall, which is certainly true here, to suggest that the repairs were a low priority or even unnecessary but here there is the more obvious, and rather significant, reason - the whole Ham Close estate is due to be demolished and rebuilt. 



These pavements will be gone in a few years but they will look nice until then.

2 comments:

  1. I lived there in 1965s when they came up. I was a child and my Mum and Dad and a brother and sister came there. The first of your picture we came there and the top of it. Thank you best wishes Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Bournemouth Dorset now with my husband David and our two sons Ian and Paul. I was in Ham there when I was a child and I was there when I left when I was 20. Thank you Lesley.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.