12 July 2022

Signage at Redknap House


I have not specifically shown the signage at Redknap House in Cleves Road before though there were hints of the old design in 2008 and this new one in 2016.

The design looks modern but has problems; clearly there is not enough contrast between the "Welcome to" text and its background, the font suffers from comparison with the rightly hated MS Comic Sans and the graduated green background is overly fussy and also impedes readability. I can sympathise as these are all mistakes I have made myself in the past but that was quite some time in the past now and I would not make those mistakes today.

 

It looks as though a different colour graduation has been used for this sign with more emphasis on the lighter shdes, it is off-brand and harder to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.