23 June 2022

Fallen trees in Ham Common Woods


There are many paths winding trough Ham Common Woods and while I go in there quite often I am sure there are paths that I have not walked for a year or more and so I can still be surprised. On a recent walk I made a point of avoiding my usual paths and was rewarded with fallen trees.

This one did not cause much of a problem and it looked quite statuesque in its fallen state so I was happy to see it.

 

This blockage was far more troublesome and I had to back-track.

This may have fallen quite recently as normally when this happens a new path is created around the obstruction by determined walkers but there was no such path here, and there may never be as there are so many other paths to choose from that changing track is much easier than forcing a way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.