18 January 2022

Wide paths in Ham Common Woods North


I do not walk through Ham Common Woods North (the section north of Ham Gate Avenue) that often, simply because it is just a longer and muddier way to get from one part of Ham Gate Avenue to another, but I like walking in woods and I like to keep an eye on things so I do take this long-cut every couple of months.

My memory of doing so in the early days of the pandemic is of having to regularly climb between bushes to let people going the other way pass safely. Since then the path has grown much wider, either by accident or design, and such evasion is no longer necessary.


While the wider path is easier to walk along it is also far less mysterious and enticing. Personally I hope that the vegetation reclaims some of the land it lost and makes the path a lot narrower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.