30 August 2021

Different lines


The problematic junction of Ham Common with Maringales Close has a new set of markings to try and make it clearer and safer. The Give Way lines on the section from The New Inn (you can see some of the remnants of the old lines) have been replaced with Give Way lines that only cover half of the road with the other half marked as not in use.

I do not drive, I do not have a car, but it seems to me that the left turn out of The New Inn section and the right turn out of Martingales Close both expect motorists to take unnatural lines before taking a corner that is sharper than necessary.

I was also hoping that the tree on the island would have been pruned right back to improve sight-lines for everyone and to let pedestrians use the pavement around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.