10 December 2020

New porch in Dukes Avenue


When work started on this porch in Dukes Avenue a couple of months ago I had some concerns and I am pleased to see that things worked out better than I feared, though it is not without issues.

While the new bricks are clearly redder than the originals they do merge together reasonably well. Similarly the problem of the original window on the right of the bay has been addressed by leaving it in place and extending the front of the bay straight across with identical windows.

I think they have done all they could with the extension but the end result does not look quite right. Perhaps it will grow on me as I get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.