15 October 2020

Large holes


A remarkable amount of construction work goes on at Tedding Lock given how not very busy it is and there always seems to be something being done to it. The latest project includes the removal of the low single-bar barrier alongside the towpath and the digging of lots of large square holes.

A good guess is that these are to hold posts for a bigger barrier and while I appreciate the safety thinking behind that I am a little surprised that this is now deemed necessary and slightly concerned that the new barrier might damage the view of the lock.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a child living in Ham I often walked around here and I went to a swimming pool in Teddington. I walked over the bridge to get there. This must have been in the 1960's! Wow.
    Best wishes and I hope everyone is well. Lesley in Bournemouth. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.