29 March 2020

Then and now: 18 Mariner Gardens


This is the first in a short collection of then and now photographs.

Several readers of this blog are people who used to live locally and they tell me that they like to see pictures of the places they know as they are now. One of these said:
My dad, Kenneth Kirchen, had to come to start work in Feltham in March 1967, while my sister and I stayed back in California to finish our school year. So when he found a house to rent in Ham, he took photos and sent them to us so we could see where we would be living. We moved to England in June 1967 and lived at 18 Mariner Gardens.  


It has taken me quite a while to get a "now" photograph of the same houses and even then I was not able to take one from the same spot because there are always cars (and vans) parked either obscuring the view or where I want to stand.

1 comment:

  1. Lesley in Bournemouth
    Hello I think I may have had a walk with the young American lad, only once. We walked along the paths by the River Thames. We only met once. It may have been in 1970, I am not sure of the date! Best wishes Lesley.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.