10 February 2019

Cleared corner


The dramatic cutting back of vegetation in Royal Park Gate continues. I am not sure who is doing it (I presume it is the Council but it could be guerrilla gardeners), why they are doing it now after all these years or why it is being done in a piecemeal way but I broadly welcome the changes.

This corner of Northweald Lane and the shared-used path has been problematic for a while and I have done my own bit of guerrilla gardening there to keep the entrance to the path open. That was just some minor trimming whereas the recent works have cut the bushes right down in height as well as back from the path.



This is the view the other way, taken a few days later.

 My only gripe is that I do not see why they also had cut back so harshly the vegetarian growing away from the path, i.e. close to the railings on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.