23 July 2018

Towpath improvements


The warning signs that something was happening to the towpath north of Teddington Lock interested me but it took several weeks before I could go and look for myself. I made one effort that I had to abort not long after passing the Lock  due to it being very muddy and me having the wrong footwear to face that.



Eventually I managed to make the journey to Ham House. At first I was disappointed that nothing had changed, the sign may have suggested that the works would stretch all the way to the Lock but they only travel as far as Thames Young Mariners.

When I did find the path I was impressed. This stretch of the path was notoriously uneven before and this is a real improvement. I hope it stays like this for quite a few years and the new path makes it down to the Lock before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.