27 December 2017

Woodland Improvement Works?


I am deeply suspicious of works described as "improvement" because other improvement works in and around Ham Common Woods in recent years have meant the removal of lots of trees which, in my view, as made the area less attractive. I like dark cold places as that is where magic lives and mysteries are born so I see the bringing of more light and warmth to the area as a bad thing.

Nor am I reassured by the involvement of the Ham and Petersham Association as their views on where Ham is and what it should look like rarely coincide with mine.

At least it is only holly that is going this time so perhaps the damage will not be that bad. I will be back to look once the work has been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.