14 August 2016

A garage becomes a house


Ham Farm Road is one of my favourites locally because it has an interesting mix of houses and so I walk down there more often than most roads. It helps that it is peaceful too. For most of this year I have been walking along there to check on the progress of a massive extension to a house at the end of a lane off the main road and now the garage at the entrance to that lane is being extended and converted into a house, at least that is what it looks like to me.

The construction of the new house is best viewed from a distance and I took this picture while walking along Church Road. The wild flowers and grasses in the foreground are the part of Ham Common that lies between Upper Ham Road and St Andrew's Church.

Often conversions like this can be considered as over development, that is putting too much building on the site, but in this case, as with the extension at the end of the lane, I think it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.