5 June 2013

Walled garden at 19 Sudbrook Gardens




If I had read the guide to Ham Open Gardens 2013 carefully then I would have known that the garden entrance to 19 Sudbrook Gardens is in Ham Gate Avenue and not wasted a walk in to Sudbrook Gardens.

I have a justifiable softness for walled gardens and this one helps to show why. Brick walls are the perfect backdrop to borders. They also protect from the wind and hold on to the heat from the sun which allows delicate plants that would fail elsewhere to flourish.

Pretty though the flowers were, my favourite part of the garden was the small door out to Ham Gate Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.