27 February 2020

Ham House in February


I continue to make regular visits to Ham House and I often take photographs there because there is usually something new to see or a new way to see something old.

This time I started with the Orangery Cafe which was on fine form following the recent work on it which had seen it hidden behind plastic sheets for a couple of months.



New trees had been planted at the far end of the Kitchen Garden. I presume that these are fruit trees but it is far too early for me to tell. This is something else to keep an eye on in future years.



There are several wide gravel paths that create The Plats in the rear garden and this is the view along the middle one of the three that run south-west to north-east parallel to the house.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the photos of Ham House. It is lovely and the cafe looks very nice too. Perhaps my husband David and I will come to Ham soon and we enjoy walking in the gardens at Ham House and Ham Common. No snow today at Bournemouth. My husband and I will enjoy a walk by the sea today and visit an Art Gallery in Bournemouth! Best wishes Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. re the first picture, part of edge of roof collapsed during a volunteer meeting (nobody hurt), scaffolding may been consequence to that event.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.