26 April 2014

Walking around the gardens at Ham House


Being a member of the National Trust means that I can go to Ham House as often as I like and I like to go often. My favourite walks are in Ham Lands and that usually means walking past Ham House at some point and I prefer to walk around the garden than past it.

As a creature of habit, I almost always go around the garden counter-clockwise starting with the Kitchen Garden before moving on to my favourite section, The Wilderness at the far end of the rear garden.



The Wilderness has several small gardens separated by hedges and with wide paths between them. This is where all the children go to play hide-and-seek, as they should.



The Cherry Garden on the east side of Ham House is the last one that I go to. Here geometry reigns supreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.