17 February 2014

Still wet and muddy


Even when it is not raining it is still very wet along the towpath and this puddle is typical of the obstacles that I faced the last time that I walked along there.

In the distance is the debris from at least one recently fallen tree. The current practice is to cut up these trees and to leave them in piles by the side of the path to decompose naturally.  This means that there will be piles of logs, like cairns, along the path for years to come.



Alongside the towpath, Ham Lands has flooded in places that I have not seen it flooded in before. Here the water has blocked one of the paths, which was enough to convince me to stay on the towpath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.