2 January 2014

Along the towpath


One of my favourite walks is along this stretch of the towpath heading north-west towards Teddington Lock; the weir can be seen in the top-left corner of the photo. Once at the Lock I have lots of choices on where to walk next from the long walk long the river to Ham House or right to Riverside Drive. In both cases there are further decisions to make before finally turning back towards home.

I took this photo for two reasons; the sunlight was doing its best to make the place look pretty and, very unusually, there were no other people around at the time. For some reason it was quiet despite the lovely weather. This was just before Christmas so I suspect everybody else was shopping. Their mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.