8 January 2013

Ensleigh Lodge on Ham Common


This is another picture that I have been trying to take for some years but it has never worked before (usually because of cars), and I am not that sure that it worked this time either but I it was a gap I had to fill.

This is Ensleigh Lodge and it lurks by the corner of Ham Common where it meets Lock Road. The house is not unimpressive but there are several bigger and grander houses nearby. What makes this worth paying attention is the two wings of the house with their arched windows and curved walls above.

It may also be worth mentioning that Nigel Dempster lived here until his death in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.