27 October 2020

Work to do in Wates Estate


Wates Estate still confuses me but I think this refurbishment project is in one of the spurs in Breamwater Gardens. What is more obvious is that major work is being done here. An obvious clue is that the tiles on the front of the house have been carefully removed and placed in the garden ready to go back up. 

What is less obvious is that this house has moved quite a bit, as have many houses in Wates Estate, and this can be seen in the upper window, the top left corner of which has drifted a few centimetres from its original position against the wall.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a child in the early 1960's I saw the buildings being made at Wates Estate. We all lived in Council houses but they were all houses to be owned by people. The houses were lovely, I visited some of the houses. Best wishes Lesley in Bournemouth xxxx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.