29 October 2020

Sun with cupped hands


Clifford Road has been a surprisingly rich source of my photographs over the years and this sun with cupped hands plaque is another one.

Some quick research tells me that plaques similar to this are readily available but I have not found anything that explains the symbolism, if there is any. These are advertised as bird feeders or as hangers so it may be that the hands are just a functional feature and do not imply any meaning. They look welcoming none the less and the plaque is a welcome diversion from the uniform brick in the road.

1 comment:

  1. It is lovely and my Dad's name was Clifford Middleton!
    Best wishes Lesley (Bournemouth Dorset) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.