11 June 2020

Parking problems in Ham Gate Avenue


I was walking along Ham Gate Avenue on Friday 5 June just as Richmond Council were deploying no waiting signs along both sides of the road together with notices that no waiting would be allowed from the next day, Saturday 6 June.

I was delighted to see this and told the Highways officer that. We chatted a bit about the need to restrict parking and whether it should be permanent (of course it should).



I went there again the next day to see how well the new restrictions were being observed and the answer was not very well. The queue along Ham Gate Avenue was much as long as usual, and it was not that nice a day, and many cars were parked next to bollards.

I have sent these and several other photographs to Richmond Highways as requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.