13 June 2020

More managed mowing


There is a lot of grass along Dukes Avenue and even more where it joins Broughton Avenue. Previously this had been mown frequently like most garden lawns until this sign announced the introduction of a "natural approach". Good news indeed.

I can even forgiven them for the "Crane Park" reference.


A close up of the tree in the north-west corner shows how proud and tall the grass has been allowed to grow. The lone poppy adds the final touch.

I have been calling for less mowing for more years than I care to remember and now that it is here the results are even better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.