12 January 2020

Cross


This is one of those occasions where crisp Winter lights and bare trees produce an unusual view of a familiar object.

The most common view of St Richard's is looking down Croft Way where the road allows a longer distance view but this is taken in the kink in Ashburnham Road as it moves from north-west to north-east.

Despite not being religious in any way, I appreciate the simple cross next to the church which is often lost amongst the trees that have matured around it.

1 comment:

  1. I am Lesley and I got married at St Richard's Church on July 19th 1975. My husband David and I have been married for 44 years. We live in Bournemouth Dorset now. I still love your photos of Ham. My husband may have a walk today by the seaside as the weather is nice today. Best wishes Lesley.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.