24 June 2016

Working on The Old Vicarage in Petersham


Sudbrook Lane has featured regularly in my walks for the last few months because of the extensive works going on at The Old Vicarage. Here the extent of those works is evident with all of the substantial approach to the house churned to mud as is the side of the house were there used to be a pretty formal garden stuffed with tulips.



My interest in The Old Vicarage grew when the front wall started to be rebuilt. I love brick walls and this gave every indication of being a good one.



The finished entrance was even better than I expected with plenty of railings to soften the impact of the brick and to allow a good view of the house. The drive curves enticingly and what used to be little more than a car park is now a lawn with trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.