5 April 2023

Parkleys street signs


This looks like another format street sign to me though I've not done any of the hard work required to precisely compare fonts. The closest to this I have posted recently is Broughton Avenue and the "A" look different to me.

Parkleys used to be split between Richmond and Kingston so it is just possible that this is an old Kingston sign, which would explain its uniqueness.

The main point about the sign is that it is very easy to read, which is the whole point of signs after all. It also carries its age very well.


The much newer sign across the road is far less successful; the sign is too big for the text, the "A" has moved too close to the "P" and the two parts of the "K" are not connected. It may, subjectively, be prettier but it is less effective as a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.