14 February 2023

Locksmeade Road signs


Having posted the street sign for Ashley Gardens recently and Croft Way a while ago I am tempted to build on the theme and cover other interesting (in my opinion) street signs across Ham. I'll start with the two facing each other on the entrance to Locksmeade Road.

The one above has slightly larger serifs than the one for Ashley Road and, to be honest, I think they are too large - the simple rule for readability is no serifs,

 

The second sign is in bold text which is also an issue for readability, which may be why they stopped using it. The font also makes the sign looks ugly.

Fisherman Close is missing for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.