11 October 2022

The Vicarage in Church Road


I had an interesting encounter in Church Road the other night. I was walking back from the pub just after midnight when I was stopped by a confused delivery driver who was looking for Ham Glebe. They stopped the right person because not only did I know exactly where the house was I was also able to describe the location and appearance of the house sign. That reinforced my belief in the need for clear house signs and recently refurbished house next to Ham Glebe has a new sign announcing that it is called The Vicarage.

That got me thinking about the addresses in Church Road so I did a post code search to see if they also had numbers, but they do not. Royal Mail gives the official address as St. Andrews Vicarage, Church Road, Ham, RICHMOND TW10 5HG so I hope that the new owners will let them know the new name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.