8 September 2022

Jude Gate on Ham Common


Jude Gate, on the north side of Ham Common, is due to be demolished so I captured it before it went.

I shall not miss it. It is a distinctly uninteresting building surrounded by much better ones and it rather lets this corner of Ham Common deserves. It also has a messy layout inside (I know people who used to live there). It is crying out for restructuring and the best way to achieve that is knock it down and start again.



Some people I have expressed concern about the impact on the view from Ham Common. I think that they are wrong so I took this "before" picture to compare with later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.