10 September 2022

A kill for a view


I have been following the building of this major extension at the end of Tideway Close for over a year and for all of that time I have been focussed on the design, particularly the inappropriate large windows, but the one saving grace was always that the house was largely obscured by vegetation, as in this earlier photo.

Regrettably that welcome screen has been removed.

 

The view is even worse from this angle and the extent to which vegetation has been removed is more obvious.

I suspect that most/all of the vegetation was on Council owned Ham Lands and so I have asked them to investigate. I am not sure that the extension, as built, has planning permission either so I have referred that to the enforcement team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.