27 March 2021

Managing trees at St Richards


A year ago I posted some photos of St Richard's church and commented on how much the trees had grown around the church since it was first built and now there have been some big changes, the most significant being the removal of two trees whose remains can still be seen.



The remaining trees have been pollarded which I understand is a standard part of tree management but I was a little surprised to see it being done in mid-March when at least some of the trees were starting to bud.

I will watch how they grow this year with interest.



I could not resist this picture of the work in progress because of the solitary splash of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.