20 September 2020

Cropped fence


I like to think that I can claim some credit when things I have criticised get better, and this is an example of that.

About a month ago I complained about an oddly tall fence in Maguire Drive and now it has been reduced in height to become normal. The height of one of the concrete pillars on the left, and the rough finish of the tops of the pillars along the front, suggest that the height reduction was an after-thought. It was an after-thought worth having.

1 comment:

  1. A very expensive after-thought - 12 courses of bricks off each pillar, 5 fence posts cut down by a third, and 9 fence panels cut and re-capped. That's hundreds of pounds of time and materials. No prizes for guessing which two posts will be supporting their washing line. I'd be intrigued to know whether this alteration was their own decision, after experiencing compound claustrophobia, or arrived at with encouragement of neighbours or the freeholder?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.