18 November 2019

Something new in Dukes Avenue


Walking down Dukes Avenue the other day, as I often do, I saw these men at work on a trench and a new large grey box that I presume is related to whatever is in the trench, e.g. telecoms or water.

The box is much bigger that any others that I have seen associated with underground infrastructure locally and I have no idea what it is there for.



Looking at it the other way reveals a window which suggests that people are meant to go in there sometime though, again, I have no idea why.

2 comments:

  1. I believe it’s a toilet/restroom for bus drivers, on their compulsory breaks, as there has been a bus stand there for a while. There’s a little London Transport logo above the door, which is a fair indicator. All the works are for connecting the waste pipes to the sewage system. When it was first delivered, it stood higher (looked like it had a septic tank as a base) and faced in the opposite direction, but either that was temporary, or it they decided to change the plumbing arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having now taken a closer look, particularly at the door, I agree with you. Thanks.

      Delete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.