23 February 2015

No pavement in Ham Street


While I approve of the work done recently to improve the accessibility of Cut Throat Alley, I think that the area has another problem for pedestrians - there is no pavement on this stretch of Ham Street. This is important as it is the main route to Ham House and the river and so many people walk this way. Unfortunately that also means that lots of cars go that way too.

I always walk in the road and pay close attention to the passing traffic. This is easy for me to do but some, such as the very young or the very old, are not as alert or nimble so this is a far from ideal route.

The grass area on the right has little merit or purpose and I see no problem in adding a pavement to that side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.