28 January 2015

A harsh trim on Sandy Lane


There are times when I do not understand what Richmond Council is doing, and this is one of them.

I had passed this way not that long before this and was appreciative of the way that the hedge gave privacy to the play area and, from that side, hid the passing traffic. Then the next time that I passed the hedge had been brutally cut right down to the height of the fence. This was a major operation as can be seen by the thickness of some of the branches that were cut.

In my opinion it now looks a lot worse. The hedge looks as regimented as a wall and the barrier between urban Sandy Lane and rural Ham Lands is severely diminished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.