7 June 2014

Montrose House in Petersham Open Gardens 2014


Petersham Open Gardens is a must-see event in my calendar and this year I had the time and the weather to do it full justice. I started at Montrose House just after the 11am when the gardens opened.

The first thing that struck me was how much the gardens had matured in the two years sine I was last there. A lot of work had been done on the garden and this work had now come to fruition.



The soft blue of one of the extensions was a lovely background for some of the pots on the terrace. The sun was appreciated by them as much as it was by me.



The garden at Montrose House is full of unusual objects and I had to be very selective in which ones to include here. There is no space for the ducks or the children but there definitely is for this Dalek-eye water feature.



The garden has a little folly in it, a ruined castle that looks more realistic now that it has be colonised by climbing plants like this rose.



There had to be a picture of one of the elephants. I chose the blue one as it looked more at home among the bushes than the pink one did out in the open. The pink one was also showing some signs or wear and is going to need some new Wellington boots soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.