6 January 2014

Pointless path


I am a keen advocate of more facilities for cyclists, being an occasional one myself and having a strong respect for their health and environment benefits, but it frustrates me that too often the extra lanes are put where they are not needed. This is a case in point.

The new shared cycle/pedestrian path along Riverside Drive is empty. As is the wide road next to it. And the pavement opposite. Cycling has never been difficult here and so the cycle path is a waste of space and money. Money that could have been spent on meaningful measures somewhere else.

3 comments:

  1. Extra space in case the Brontosaurus shows up again?

    http://www.doctorwholocations.net/locations/riversidedrive

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Love that Path! Great for walking in the evening, and nicely lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I disagree - I think this is a wonderful path. Good for the kids to practice cycling in a safe environment. Also handy in summer time, when there are quite a few people wandering past.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.