27 August 2007

Ormeley Lodge


Ormeley Lodge on Ham Gate Avenue is possibly my favourite house in Ham (though it has stiff competition from Gordon House etc.). It is as majestic as any of the lodges that surround Ham Common and I prefer this setting with Ham Common Woods in front of the house and to one side of it, Richmond Golf Club behind it and a few well kept cottages on the other side.

It is the home of Lady Annabel Goldsmith and, therefore, the former home of Zac Goldsmith and Jemima Khan. I don't do celebrity and have no idea what Lady Annabel or Jemima look like but I do politics and have met Zac a few times, including once at Ormeley Lodge itself during one of their open garden events. These are a highlight of any year because the gardens are delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.